The Grass Valley Library in collaboration with Grass Valley School District Child Nutrition Services and the Nevada County Public Health Department are offering free, healthy lunch to all kids ages 18 and under this Summer. All lunches will be served at noon Monday through Friday until August 14th. In addition to lunch, there will also be activities for youth, including games, art projects, and science experiments. No registration is required. just show up- 207 Mill St, Grass Valley.
The spring rain is making us all want to curl up with a good book. We are so lucky here in Nevada County to have a great network of libraries that bring us not just an excellent collection of free (!) books to read, but also a great assortment of digital tools, literacy services, a state of the art Tech Center, and more.
Most of our branch libraries are conveniently located close to a bus stop, making a visit to the library not only enriching, but easy. In celebration of our libraries, below is a quick guide to our library branches and the best way to get to them by bus.
- All Gold Country Stage lines meet at the Tinloy Transit Center in downtown Grass Valley. From there you can transfer to any route.
- Let the driver know where you’re going. They are always happy to help you get to your destination.
- Call 211 for help planning your trip. We’ll give you step-by-step instructions to get from your home to your library of choice.
- The Nevada County Library system offers a great selection of events, activities, and classes. Check out the schedule here.
- Can’t make it to the library due to age, injury, illness, or disability? The Book Buddy program will bring the books to you.
- Get involved and help improve your library as a volunteer!