Nevada County Public Health has updated Nevada County’s Reopen Plan for the safe reopening of 12 new industry sectors in Nevada County beginning on June 12th, which includes statewide guidance and guidance for variance counties like Nevada County. Updated FAQs are also available on the statewide Stay-at-Home order and reopening Nevada County.
Nevada County Public Health Officer Dr. Ken Cutler has rescinded the local Short-Term Rental and Lodging order effective tomorrow, June 12th, to align with the State’s recommended guidance for reopening these industries safely. All hotels, lodging and short-term rentals must abide by the State’s guidance for this industry.
New sectors/activities that can open IF they can follow the state guidance:
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers
- Wineries and bars
- Zoos, museums, galleries, aquariums
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Hotels and short term rentals for tourism and individual travel
- Card rooms
- Campgrounds and outdoor recreation
- Movie, film, tv production
- Professional sports (w/o live audiences)
What’s still closed statewide:
- Personal services, like nail salons, massage, body waxing and tattoo parlors
- Public events and gatherings, like live audience sports and live theater
- Team sports that involve contact
- Convention centers
- Theme parks and festivals
- Higher education (in person)
- Indoor playgrounds, like bounce centers, ball pits and laser tag
- Saunas and steam rooms
Nevada County is hosting a follow-up Stage 3 Business Guidance Workshop on Tuesday, June 16th. Local Businesses May Submit Reopening Questions to COVID19Recovery@co.nevada.ca.us.