August 12, 2020, the Office of Emergency Services conducted a test of Nevada County’s CodeRED Emergency Alert System and they seek your feedback. Share your experience by completing the emergency alert test Community Survey!
Feedback is requested whether or not you received an alert. Complete the survey here: ReadyNevadaCounty.org/EmergencyAlertSurvey.
More than 150 surveys have already been submitted providing valuable information about the emergency alert test. Many residents shared that the alert appeared to be a sales or spam call due to an automated announcement preceding the notification. The Office of Emergency Services has taken steps to prevent this from happening in the future. Moving forward, alerts will begin with a recording of a human voice that will state, “CodeRED Emergency Alerts from County of Nevada“.
211 Nevada County received over 40 CodeRED sign-ups on the day of the test. Normally 211 signs up 60-80 new users in a month.
Find Helpful Quick Links Below:
- Register for CodeRED Emergency Alerts online: https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/CA8B57E20D17
- Register for CodeRED Emergency Alerts over the phone: Call 211 or 1-833-DIAL211
- Read the CodeRED Emergency Alert Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/2855/CodeRED-Frequently-Asked-Questions
- Save CodeRED Emergency Alerts to your contacts: 1- 866-419-5000 and 1-855-969-4636.
- Have you moved? Opt-out of CodeRED Emergency Alerts here: https://info.onsolve.com/Notification-Opt-Out.html
- Need help logging into your managed account? Contact the CodeRED Customer Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-939-0911 x9.