Today, Nevada County met the State’s metrics for the Red Tier for two consecutive weeks and will move into the Red Tier on Wednesday, March 24th. With this Tuesday’s update, Nevada County has a daily case rate of eight, qualifying Nevada County for the Red Tier under the reassessment of the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy thresholds.
In the Red Tier, business sectors such as restaurants, gyms, and movie theaters will have reduced capacity indoors:
- Restaurants: 25% capacity or 100 people indoors, whichever is fewer
- Gyms: 10% capacity indoors
- Movie Theaters: 25% capacity or 100 people indoors, whichever is fewer
- Retail: 50% capacity indoors
View the guidance for all business sectors at covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy.
Business Task Force Webinar on New Grants and Tier Changes
On Thursday, March 25th, Nevada County is hosting a special, 30-minute Business Task Force meeting from 4:30-5:00 p.m. to review new grants and the changes for sectors between the Purple and Red Tier. Register in advance for this webinar: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_774CYkJVSTilos4hqwLLQQ. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Sierra Business Council will provide an update on the following grants and business resources:
- The Restaurant Revitalization Fund provides grants of up to $5M per restaurant, food stand, food truck, food cart, caterer, saloon, inn, tavern, bar, lounge, brewpub, tasting room, taproom. Learn more at: restaurantsact.com.
- The California Relief Grant provides micro-grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to eligible small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 and the related health and safety restrictions. Apply or apply for Rounds 4, 5, and 6. Note that Round 4 applications for nonprofit cultural institutions are due March 26, 2021. Learn more at: careliefgrant.com.
- The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to directly incentivize small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. Borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness. SBA is currently offering PPP loans until March 31, 2021. Learn more at: www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/covid-19-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program.
- The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant provides grants to live venue operators or promoters, theatrical producers, live performing arts organization operators, relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria, motion picture theater operators, and talent representatives. Eligible applicants may qualify for grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue. Learn more at: www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/covid-19-relief-options/shuttered-venue-operators-grant.
For updates on grants and business resources, subscribe to the Coronavirus Business Task Force list at www.mynevadacounty.com/BusinessResourcesSubscription.
Stay the Course
Over the past few weeks, many have been frustrated that Nevada County had remained in the Purple Tier, with many wondering why. Masking, distancing, avoiding gathering, and getting vaccinated when it’s your turn are the ways we can continue to lower our community’s COVID transmission. Individual action leads to collective mitigation, and everyone’s efforts to help lower COVID transmission are reflected in our tier data.