The new year is bringing new home ownership opportunities for Nevada County residents with low income. Habitat for Humanity will soon be accepting applications for their Heritage Oaks neighborhood in Grass Valley.
Habitat for Humanity is hosting two Application Information Meetings for folks interested in applying. The meetings will be held at the United Methodist Church in Grass Valley on Wednesday, January 10th at 7:00 pm and Saturday, January 13th at 1:00 pm. Call 530-274-1951 to reserve your spot.
The benefits of partnering with Habitat for Humanity include:
- Affordable, no-profit, principal-only home loans
- Energy-efficient homes with quality construction
- A great neighborhood with easy access to schools, businesses, and services
- Investment in a safe, stable asset for your family for generations to come
In order to qualify, families must:
- Meet income requirements (see the flyer for information on the minimum and maximum annual gross income for your family size)
- Have an income and the ability to pay for a habitat home
- Be in need of better housing
- Be willing to partner with Habitat, including putting in “sweat equity” hours
- Live or work in Nevada County
All Habitat for Humanity homes are sold to the homeowner family at no profit and with a 0% interest mortgage. If you find yourself spending your entire paycheck on housing, this opportunity is for you.
Call 530-274-1951 form more information or to reserve your spot.
What: Habitat for Humanity Application Information Meeting
When: Wednesday, January 10th at 7:00 pm OR Saturday, January 13th at 1:00 pm
Where: Grass Valley United Methodist Church, Wesley Hall, 236 Church Street, Grass Valley
Cost: Free. Call 530-274-1951 to reserve your spot. Child care will be available (call to reserve).