The County of Nevada released answers to a large list of Frequently Asked Questions related to Governor Newsom’s Shelter in Place Order (Executive Order N-33-20).
The order requires all Californians to “shelter-in-place” by remaining at home or at their place of residence, except as necessary to obtain food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary healthcare, or go to an essential job.
A sample of the questions includes:
• Dine-in restaurants
• Bars and nightclubs
• Entertainment venues
• Gyms and fitness studios
• Non-essential services
WHAT CAN’T I DO?
• You cannot engage in group activities in person with others.
• You cannot have dinner parties. You cannot invite friends over to your home to hang out.
• You cannot go to bars.
• You cannot go to a nail salon or get your hair cut by a stylist or barber.
• You cannot go shopping for non-essential goods.
• You cannot take unnecessary trips on public transport or in your car or motorbike.
IS THIS MANDATORY OR IS IT JUST GUIDANCE?
It is mandatory. This Order is a legal Order issued under the authority of California law. You are
required to comply.
It is critical for everyone to follow the Order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect
themselves, their loved ones, friends, neighbors and the whole community.
All persons, businesses, and other entities are required to comply if they do not fall within the
exemptions that are specified in the Order.