As of the publication of this news item, the Jones Fire is at 705 acres and 85% contained. All evacuation orders and warnings have been lifted, and Nevada County is moving into the recovery phase of this disaster.
As a partner to Nevada County Office of Emergency Services, 211 Connecting Point keeps concerned residents and their families up-to-date.
211 call center staff fielded 1,820 calls last week, helping people connect with information and resources pertaining to the Jones Fire. We sent out 45 updates to over 10,800 people at peek subscribership to our 797979 JONES text code. Our Jones Fire web page was viewed over 25,000 times. Even as some of our staff were impacted by evacuation or temporary power outages, as members of this community, we are proud to serve our friends and neighbors.
Here are some important resources if you were directly impacted by the Jones Fire or evacuations:
- Nevada County Relief Fund – offering emergency funds for wildfire recovery and relief
- Let’s Talk Nevada County call (530) 265-5811 or toll free 1-888-801-1437 – for emotional and mental health support
- Evacuation Expense Reimbursement may be available from your homeowners’ or renters’ insurance, even if your home was not damaged
The staff at 211 Connecting Point wish all those impacted by the fire and related evacuations swift recovery. We send our deep appreciation to first responders and staff still on the scene at the Jones Fire working on full containment, and those who are working on wildfires across the state of California.
211 Connecting Point encourages all of our Nevada County callers to sign up for CodeRED. This is the official emergency notification system of Nevada County that will directly notify you via call and text message if there is an evacuation order or warning for your address. Wildfire season has only just begun. It is important to maintain situational awareness and stay prepared. Be sure to:
- Sign up for CodeRED Online or call 211 for assistance
- Visit ReadyNevadaCounty.org for preparedness tips
- Familiarize yourself with the Ready Nevada County Dashboard – Learn more about the dashboard in this brief video tutorial
- Save a shortcut to the Mobile Dashboard on your phone: Go to readynevadacounty.org/mobiledashboard