Rental subsidies are now available to very low-income individuals and families in Placer County that were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and meet the program criteria (excluding the City of Roseville).
Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) offers assistance for up to four months of unpaid back rent and late fees accrued after March 13, 2020 (not to exceed $2,500).
The program is scheduled to END on December 31st and is limited to funds available!
- Must be income eligible for the program (see flyer for specifics)
- Must currently be renting or leasing a unit in Placer County (excluding Roseville City Limits) pursuant to a written rental agreement
- Owner of the unit must be willing to enter into a rental assistance agreement with Placer County through the TBRA Program
- At least of one of the following criteria must be met:
- The household includes a member that has tested positive for COVID-19 and must quarantine so the wage earner(s) are unable to attend work
- The household has experienced a documented decrease in total gross monthly household income of at least 30% because of the pandemic
- The household has experienced a documented loss of income due to the pandemic and is behind or falling behind on rent
Interested renters should contact 211 for screening by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211.
211 Placer operators will go through a screening sheet to determine if the household is potentially eligible. All households that pass the screening will be referred over to Placer County and eligible applicants will be sent the TBRA Application to apply for assistance.