The spring rain is making us all want to curl up with a good book. We are so lucky here in Nevada County to have a great network of libraries that bring us not just an excellent collection of free (!) books to read, but also a great assortment of digital tools, literacy services, a state of the art Tech Center, and more.
Most of our branch libraries are conveniently located close to a bus stop, making a visit to the library not only enriching, but easy. In celebration of our libraries, below is a quick guide to our library branches and the best way to get to them by bus.
- All Gold Country Stage lines meet at the Tinloy Transit Center in downtown Grass Valley. From there you can transfer to any route.
- Let the driver know where you’re going. They are always happy to help you get to your destination.
- Call 211 for help planning your trip. We’ll give you step-by-step instructions to get from your home to your library of choice.
Madelyn Helling Library
980 Helling Way, Nevada City, CA 95959
Monday: 11am – 7pm
Tuesday: 11am – 6pm
Wednesday: 11am – 6pm
Friday: 11am – 6pm
Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Gold Country Stage Route 1 stops in front of the library 25 minutes after each hour, beginning at 6:25 am on weekdays and 8:25 am on Saturdays. The last departure for the library is at 7:25 pm on weekdays and 4:25 pm on Saturdays.
Grass Valley Library- Royce Branch
207 Mill Street, Grass Valley CA 95945
Tuesday: 10am – 6pm
Wednesday: 10am – 5pm
Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 4pm
The closest bus stop to the Grass Valley branch is at Church & Neal Street, which is a short, safe walk from the library. Gold Country Stage Routes 2 and 3 both stop at Church & Neal Street. Route 2 stops at Church & Neal at 7:32 am, 9:32 am, 11:32 am, 2:32 pm, 4:32 pm, and 6:32 pm on weekdays and at at 7:32 am, 9:32 am, 11:32 am, and 2:32 pm on Saturdays.
Route 3 stops at Church & Neal 2 minutes after each hour from 7:02 am to 7:02 pm on weekdays and 8:02 am to 4:02 pm on Saturdays.
Penn Valley Station
11336 Pleasant Valley Road, Penn Valley CA 95936
Tuesday: 2pm – 6pm
Wednesday: 10am – 2pm
Thursday: 2pm – 6pm
Friday: 10am – 2pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Gold Country Stage Route 6 stops at the Wildwood Center, where the library is located, at the following times Monday through Friday:
And on Saturdays at:
10031 Levon Avenue, Truckee CA 96161
Monday: 10:30 am – 6 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am – 6pm
Thursday: 11am – 7pm
Friday: 10:30 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm
The Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit
(TART) Highway 89 Route stops at the Tahoe Forest Hospital, which is a short walk from the Truckee Branch Library. The bus arrives at Tahoe Forest Hospital at 3 minutes after the hour from 7:03 am to 3:03 pm, 4:23 pm, and 5:23 pm. The bus departs Tahoe Forest Hospital at 32 minutes after each hour from 7:32 am to 5:32 pm.
- The Nevada County Library system offers a great selection of events, activities, and classes. Check out the schedule here.
- Can’t make it to the library due to age, injury, illness, or disability? The Book Buddy program will bring the books to you.
- Get involved and help improve your library as a volunteer!